Monday, November 25, 2013

Are you my sister wife?

 Sister Wives on TLC
 
 
 
At a young age I learned that the woman in the family did everything. She worked, took care of the children, cooked, cleaned, did the laundry, paid the bills, and ran the social calendar. She was also the person that got fed up once a week and started yelling at the other family members because she wanted help. As I got older I vowed that this wouldn't be my life. I would find a man that wanted to be my partner, my equal. 
 
Unfortunately no matter how much I planned and how hard I searched I didn't find this. When I would vent about my frustrations and disappointments  to the women in my life all of them basically said the same thing, "that's just how guys are."  When women complain about the man in their life its usually in regards to his lack of help. Why is this? Are men not taught to help their partner? Do women not know how to accept help? Why is this happening to so many women? If this is just how relationships are what can be done? I think I have found the answer.
 
 
I have been watching Sister Wives on Netflix lately and I've started to wonder... is a plural marriage the way to go? These women seem to always have more help than they need. There is always someone around to help with the family's responsibilities, always someone to talk to, always someone to do something with. These women seem to be working together to meet each others needs. 
 
Is this the secret to happiness? You tell me...

No comments:

Post a Comment