Sunday, November 24, 2013

How Dare You Ask Me My Age!

I was 30 when I experienced my hard reset. At the time (and still sometimes now) being in my 30's and having to start again was/is unimaginable. Having to accept that I was not where I wanted to be in life at an age where society expects you to have your shit together was incredibly difficult. Over time I have come to value the benefits that come with my age. Most days I feel more confident and secure than I did in my 20's. I care less (only a little less but still less) about what people think of me and I'm just genuinely more comfortable in my skin.

Today was one of the days where I just was disappointed that I'm not where I expected to be at this age. I was feeling down until I came across this video from Prevention Magazine.

Do you love your age? At what age did you feel most comfortable and happy?



No comments:

Post a Comment